Assigment 2 task 3 Animated scene


Task 1 – Create both a storyboard and a dope sheet for the proposed animation. 



Task 2 – Create a twenty second animation and render at 1920 x 1080.




Task 3 - Evaluate the work that you have done in five hundred words.

This project had some very interesting trials and issues pop up over the course of the designs and animations which made it so the product was always fresh on my mind and i could try improvise adapt and overcome throughout the entire process. There were issues of data loss through incremental saving not being enabled which is a mistake somebody only makes once, The designs not always being how I would like them so flowing through different choices, losing time out due to illness and issues rendering which were fixed but I still to this day do not know the solutions for.
The robot design and animations in the scene I do like and feel it was a good premise of the robot being at war with the tank and I do feel it does set a good narrative my only gripe with the robot is I would have liked to make it appear more humanoid looking given more time and there is a slight clipping issue where the gun and arm don't move and flip the way I wished towards the end of the animation.
The tank is by far one of my favourite pieces of design work I have completed over the course of the assignments, I feel it stands out and looks as intimidating as it should and the rotating of the tracks when it is moving about with the mud splattered onto the paintwork making the vehicle more realistic and lived in. the animations are how I would like them with the exception that given more time I would have probably made it so that it shot a missile at the barrels but I had issues getting that to work.
Another point of interest is the lighting on the scene, this had a lot of issues getting to work but I feel the finished outcome was way worth it, the lighting adds a lot more grit and realism to the scene, I chose to use spotlights so that I could add them to the spotlights I had also placed around the scene. This also added some nice shadow effects to the scene, shadows proved to be a problem throughout trying to render as it would make the scene completely covered in a large shadow, this had to be fixed at the time by picking every shape on the map and clicking a box so that it does not receive or cast shadows except for where I wanted these shadows.

Whilst rendering I found that there were issues when rendered it would only render a pure black screen for every frame. I tried to fix this by rendering on a different PC with the same specs and a different PC with slightly better specs and it did not fix the issue. However once I got home and rendered it worked almost instantly so whilst I have rendered the scene successfully I still don't know how it work. Given the issues faced during production of the scene etc I found this challenging but an incredibly enjoyable one and think that the scene was put together quite well but needed those few minor improvements I mentioned earlier.







References: 

Background image:
http://jamppu.fi/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/site-background-bf1-trp1.jpg?1547942400046

Background audio:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w54F7miqwLE&t=32s

Comments

Popular Posts